Welcome to your own private oasis with lovely second floor views of the Rehoboth Bay. This is Coastal Living at its finest; it has the serenity of a county setting on the Rehoboth Bay yet is only 10 minutes to all the sought-after shopping and fine dining & activities of Lewes & Rehoboth Beach. This 6 bedroom, 4.5 bath gem displays well its fine craftsmanship; 10' ceilings, 8' high interior paneled doors, tray ceilings in the Dining Room, Great Room, Casita & Master Bedroom & rich moldings throughout the house (double crown moldings & 8" floor moldings) and wide plank Bruce Cherry Hardwood floors. The effect is nothing short of elegance and class yet architected to create warmth and coziness. As you approach the front of the house, you are greeted with a trellis of beautiful wisteria and flowering plants. This sets the tone. Once inside the spacious foyer, you are struck by the grandeur & elegance of this home's decor. To the left is a dining room with rich molding and a tray ceiling, and to the right is a piano room that can substitute as an library/office. There is also an entrance to the Casita for use as an au pair/guest suite or multigenerational/in-law suite. The gourmet kitchen features top-of-the-line Rockglen 42" cabinets with white Carrera marble countertops and backsplash, Jenn Air electric downdraft cooktop and GE Profile appliances & a technology nook. And, if gas cooking is preferred, there is an available cooking gas line for future conversion. The 4' extended Great Room features a granite surround gas fireplace and an oversized wall of windows with a 12" transom and an exit onto an abstract flagstone patio. The great room windows provide optimal views of a lush, professionally landscaped backyard filled with Magnolias, Cypress and Pine trees and an occasional deer. The main level Owners Suite has an Infinity soaking tub, enlarged shower with frameless doors, a separate water closet and oversized linen and walk-in closets. A wide staircase takes you to the Upper Level where there are 4 more large bedrooms, and 2 baths. There is also a finished bonus room over the garage currently used as an art studio. If you are a wine aficionado you will be right at home with the 1,000 bottle temperature controlled wine cellar waiting for your favorite wines to display and store for the appropriate occasions. For outdoor living, the main level has a screened porch and a two-tiered flagstone patio on which to dine alfresco or just enjoy as a private retreat to relax with your favorite beverage and hors d'oeuvres. On the Upper level is a screened Lanai that serves as another "getaway" where you can lounge in your hammock while taking in the breathtaking views of the Rehoboth Bay & the WWII Towers. This home can be your year-round vacation spot as the Bayfront at Rehoboth community is loaded with Amenities and offers care-free living. The HOA covers weekly lawn cutting, Spring & Fall Clean Up, Management of your irrigation System and quarterly Fertilization. There is a state-of-the-art clubhouse, replete with an Exercise room, Sitting Area with fireplace, a kitchen, & Card Room. The family will enjoy the outdoor Swimming Pool, Private Beach with Kayak launch and Kayak Shed for storage. Home Warranty purchased by Seller. Make this home your Coastal Retreat!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Contemporary, 2 Story
4 Full/1 Half
Tankless Water Heater, LP Gas Water Heater, Public
Hardi Plank, Shake, Wood Siding, Stick Built, Fram
Public Septic System, Public Sewer
4,540 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Bayfront At Rehoboth
Cable TV, Electric service available
Detailed Room Information
- Maids Qtrs
- Studio Efficiency
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Microwave, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Instant Hot Water, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, Dryer, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Heat Pump, Forced Air, Zone.
- Casement, Low-Emittance , Wood Frame, Insulated
- 1. Gas Burning.
- 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, wine storage, Wood Floors, Window Treatment, Sprinkler System, Crown Molding, 9Ft+ Ceilings, High Ceiling, Tray, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Concrete Driveway.
- Wood, Shakes, Frame, HardeePlank
- Porch, Screened-in
- Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Composition Shingle, Fiberglass
- Lot View
- Bay, Panoramic, Water, City, Trees/Woods
- Lot Dimensions
- 104.00 x 220.00
- Body of Water
- Rehoboth Bay
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Street Lights, Trees, Landscaped. Trees/Wooded, Landscaping, Tidal Wetland.
- Community Amenities
- Club House, Fitness Center, Lake, Pool - Outdoor, Swimming Pool, Volleyball Courts, Water/Lake Privileges, Common Grounds, Non-Lake Recreational Area, Recreational Center
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price